Guys, confession: sometimes (or a lot of time) I leave exactly the amount of time I need to wake up, shower, dress and walk out the door to make it to work on time. Maybe it's because I love sleep? Regardless, most of my nutritious breakfasts are compliments of my better half that leaves a little later than I do; therefore has an extra 10 minutes to throw together our "standard" eggs, meat and greens breakfast. So, when he's headed out of town I either need to make the extra time (which SOMETIMES I do) OR, have a grab and go breakfast on the ready.
One day I'll share my favorite egg cups but TODAY I'll share this slightly sweet, protein packed, breakfast cookie deliciousness. These guys are great to grab when you're on the go or for an easy snack during the day. These guys don't last long in our house, SO GOOD!
Here is how it comes together:
Makes approximately 12 servings
- 1 Medium Overripe banana (or plantain)
- 1/2 Cup Almond Smooth Butter
- 3 T Maple Syrup
- 2 T Coconut Oil
- 1 t Vanilla Extract (pure)
- 1/3 C Ground Flaxseed
- 1/4 C Ground Chia Powder (I buy aztec farms, you can also omit this just fine but it adds a little extra protein and fiber)
- 1 1/4 C Fine Almond Flour
- 1 t Baking Soda
- 1/2 C Chopped Walnuts
- 1/2 C Blueberries (fresh are better)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all wet ingredients together. This includes the softened banana, maple syrup, softened coconut oil and vanilla. It should be well combined and smooth.
- In a separate bowl mix all dry ingredients together: flaxseed, chia powder, almond flour, baking soda and walnuts.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients. It will be slightly sticky.
- Fold in fresh blueberries.
- Using a cookie scoop or generous tablespoon place onto cookie sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes. You should have about 12 cookies.
- Let cool and EAT! :)