Hey there friends :)
This weekend I made what may be one of the best beef stews have ever put my taste buds on. No, really....it was DELISH.
Here is how it came together:
- 1 LB Grass Fed Beef (already cubed stew meat or chuck roast cubed) We grabbed ours from Butcher Box, click HERE to check them out.
- Ground Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- 1 t Ghee/Clarified Butter (or as my husband lovingly calls it, GAR. I have no idea why)
- 3 Carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 C Organic Beef Broth
- 1 14.5 oz can of organic diced tomatoes, my favorite are Muir Glen.
- 1/2 Jar of organic Roasted Red Peppers (slice thin)
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 15oz can of garbanzo beans
- 1 T Coconut Aminos
- 2 T Capers, drained
- 2 T fresh rosemary, chopped
- Garnish: Crumbled Full Fat Feta Cheese
- Sprinkle beef with salt and pepper.
- In a large Dutch oven, heat Ghee and add beef.
- Cook beef for 5-6 minutes, until browned. Remove from pan, and keep warm.
- Add carrots, onion, and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Add broth through bay leaves. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer for 1 hour or until beef is tender.
- Add beans through rosemary and cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until beans are tender.
- Garnish with feta cheese and enjoy!